The 33 is not split backstay, maybe some late models have them but not mine.

I can not beleive there is not a better reliable system on the market. anybody
with direct experience of the Wichard mechanical wiht ratchet ? i don't even
know if the handle pumps up and down or rotates with some sort of relief system
hence the ratchet ??? same question about power, but the numbers indicate it
would be more than appropriate for my boat.

I'm worried to dump more money into hydrolic and be a the same point in a year
or two. Worse case scenario i lost the rig, i had to jury something this summer
offshore in 25 knots plus when the thing blew on my transom. not fun at all. i
bought a spare turnbucle after that one and went on with my vacations.

thanks for inputs

Bruno Lachance

C&C 33 mkII

Becassine