I redid most of my rod rigging about 9 months ago on a 1981 C&C 36.
There are some things that you should get carefully checked out (which I
did not do prior to buying my boat). For example, my spreader tips were
really corroded, and had to be replaced.

In redoing the rod, we replaced the fittings on the mast that the rod
connects to. Per my rigger, these old nav tangs were much more prone to
fatigue than the newer ones.

In addition, the fittings at the spreader tips are no longer used. One
option was tip cups, which are pricey, another option was to switch to
continuous rigging, which was going to be complicated. The rigger I used
was able to come up with a third, much less expensive solution, which I
can't recall right now.

I wish I would have had my rigging surveyed prior to buying the boat. That
would have given me great leverage for negotiating a lower price.

as it was, I was able to redo all the rigging from the lower spreader up,
re-head the rest of the rigging, and re-head the backstay and add new
fittings.

the total was about $4000.

While this was being done, I was able to remove and inspect the chainplates
(which were fine)

It took me several meetings with the rigger and alot of homework on my part
to get this all done for the above price. But I am happy with the final
product and with the price.

Dave Folsom
1981 C&C 36 Rebel Maid
San Diego