Mack Sails has one I am thinking of getting.  It is shown in the installation
video for their Mackpack (which I am getting). They don’t advertise them, but I
was told they do make them up and sell them for people.   You can see it in use
about 4.5 minutes in to the video.  I am sure it would take me a lot longer to
go up, but it looks easy to use.  Still don’t know the cost (are you listening,
Travis?) Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3RT3iajT-E&list=FLzBlwDs4NZ1W1NImTfRSC-w

On Oct 16, 2014, at 8:39 PM, Josh Muckley via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> Here's a couple of links to spring off of for ascender climbing.  The foot
> ascenders look promissing.
>
> A waste strap/line can also be passed around the mast and both ends attached
> to the harness (one end on a carabiner for fast passing of obstructions).
> This is added safety to prevent accidentally twisting upside down and you
> slipping out of the harness or chair.  This is one reason I prefer a harness.
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q=ascender+climbing&oq=ascender
>
> http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascender_(climbing)
>
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=2LK20hvHQyA
>
> http://www.rockandice.com/lates-news/ascender-safety-101
>
> Josh
> On Oct 16, 2014 7:58 PM, "Edd Schillay via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
> Listers,
>
>       Now that the Enterprise is up for the winter, I’m starting my list of
> projects -- One of which is some mast work.
>
>       Has anyone on the list ever rigged their own mast self-climber, and, if
> so, what did you use.
>
>       There’s an article about it in the latest issue of Practical Sailor, so
> it’s on my mind.
>
>       And no, the transporter can’t materialize me at the top of the mast.
>

>       All the best,
>
>       Edd
>

>       Edd M. Schillay
>       Starship Enterprise