I second that. On one occasion, when sailing at night in quite some weather
(8-10 ft. waves) we noticed the other sailboat's mast much before we saw its
lights. Our deck mounted lights don't offer much visibility in rough seas.

Marek

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Robert
Abbott via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 4:57 PM
To: Andrew Burton; cnc-list@cnc-list.com; Robert Boyer
Subject: Re: Stus-List Running Lights >Approved LED bulbs

I agree with Bill Bina and Andy on this....a tricolor can be used as a
substitute for deck running lights when under sail but not both at the same
time.

The advantage of the tricolor comes with coastal and/or offshore sailing:
1.   to preserve the draw on the batteries......one (1) bulb versus three
(3) bulbs.
2.   to be seen from a greater distance

Rob Abbott
AZURA