Josh -

Well, my LF38 is actually only 37.6. Here's how I did it. Note that the windlass and mounting is over engineered. That's come in handy as I single hand, and pull up to anchor with the windlass and against the wind (against all recommendations) and have only stalled it once. That was when I discovered that I'd spent the night anchored on an enormous abandoned drift net that was laying on the bottom, and I pulled the whole net up along with the anchor. This stuff really happens. The real trick to pulling the boat up with the windlass is to run the windlass in short bursts, working with the chop or waves. Run the motor with the bow goes down, and let the sea pull the boat forward on the upstroke. I lube the bearings annually, but I use it a lot.

<http://www.wbryant.com/StellaBoat/Projects/gtackle/windlass/index.htm>

Wal

you wrote:
While we're on the topic of anchors, how do those of you with windlasses
have then mounted.  I've considered one but can't figure out a good
solution for my 37+.  Pictures would be awsome.

--
s/v Stella Blue
www.wbryant.com