Hello all,
I've found a mid 70s C&C 33-1 that I'm interested in buying. One thing the
survey indicated was elevated moisture levels, into the yellow on the meter, in
the bottom.  The owner had the bottom epoxy barrier coated about 8 years ago,
and the bottom paint was new last year.  There were no blisters present at the
survey, and the owner has said there have never been any- he has owned the boat
for 30+ years.  The boat has been on the Great Lakes from new, and based on the
condition of the boat, especially compared to all the boats I have looked at,
I would say the boat has had an attentive, conscientious owner.

My question is whether elevated moisture in several areas of the bottom of a
solid fiberglass hull should be a deal breaker or a matter of concern.
The surveyor told me that he would not be concerned, and that if I was I should
 buy a new boat (hah! not happening).
Do you agree with the surveyor's lack of concern about some level of moisture
in the bottom of a solid glass hull of a 40 year old boat?

Many thanks in advance for advice.  My search for a boat has lasted a couple of
years now, has included a big learning curve, and has focused on C&Cs, in large
part because of the valuable information and assistance available on this site
from the members. Thanks again.
at: