This sounds well thought out but I have one thought on this. You say you
painted the inside of the plexiglass black, the substrate you are now adhering
to is paint and not the window itself. I'm thinking you may see the window
separate from the VHB tape and leave the paint behind on the tape as the paint
is not necessarily a structural bond.  Hopefully the paint is more firmly
adhered to the glass than the tape will be.
Also be aware that the solvents in the paint may damage the plastic over time
and cause crazing around the edges. Just a thought. Hopefully I'm overthinking
this and wrong.
Good luck with the project, keep us posted.

Brent
27-5
Lake Winnipeg

Sent from my iPhone