AGMs on a mooring (or dock without shore power) without solar (or some other
way of topping up the batteries) will, quite likely, kill the batteries very
quickly (I managed to murder one in a year).

Marek

From: Joel Aronson via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 10:31 AM
To: Joe Della Barba ; cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Batteries -- Flooded, Sealed or AGM?

If you do use AGMs, you need to keep them charged.  A mooring without a solar
panel is not going to go well.

Joel

On Friday, February 27, 2015, Joe Della Barba via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

  As I said before, I am not an AGM fan. If you do decide to use them, Sams
Club has group 31 deep cycle AGMs with the Energizer brand label. They are Deka
batteries, exact same as West Marine sells, for about 50% of the price. Think
they charge around $160 for them. The Sears Diehard Platinum grp 31 AGM is a
relabeled Odyssey thin plate AGM for about half the price.

  Joe Della Barba

  javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','j...@dellabarba.com');

--
Joel