From: Marek Dziedzic via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2015 11:43 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Tool recommendation

This is from an almost 10-year old test, but it should be still true:

A study done by Machinist's Workshop magazine in their April 2007 issue looked
at different penetrating oils to see which one did the best job of removing a
rusted bolt by measuring the pounds of torque required to loosen the bolt once
treated. If the study was scientifically accurate, it turns out a home brew
works best! Here's the summary of the test results:

Penetrating oil .......... Average load

None ..................... 516 pounds

WD-40 .................... 238 pounds

PB Blaster ............... 214 pounds

Liquid Wrench ............ 127 pounds

Kano Kroil ............... 106 pounds

ATF-Acetone mix.............53 pounds

The Automatic Transmission fluid (ATF)-Acetone mix was a "home brew" mix of 50
– 50 automatic transmission fluid and acetone. Note the "home brew" was better
than any commercial product in this one particular test. Note also that "Liquid
Wrench" is about as good as "Kroil" for about 20% of the price.

Marek