Eric,

I'd either try 1 some silicone sealant 2 I would get a piece of plastic
pipe that fits inside the corrugated hose (like a kitchen tailpiece pipe)
and figure out how to connect it to the strainer or 3 see if West will sell
you a short piece of the new stuff and use a coupling to join the new hose
to the old.

Joel

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 8:58 AM, Eric Frank via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> The 1.5 inch ID corrugated hose that runs from the bilge to a manual pump
> in the cockpit seems to be leaking in air just where the corrugated hose
> connects to an adaptor that screws into the hose with the threads of the
> corrugation and then provides a male 1.5 inch end that fits inside the
> strainer.  Is there a sealer that would make the threaded part into the
> hose less leaky?  I see the new corrugated hoses on line have a built-in
> non-corrugated section every 12 inches, a much better solution, but then I
> would have to buy a new 15 ft length of the hose.  Probably someone on this
> list also has dealt with these older style connectors.  Any recommendation
> for making the connection tighter?  I just screwed it on until it was tight
> and it still leaks.  The problem is that it takes vigorous pumping from the
> cockpit to get the entire hose full of water before it pumps very well.
> Thanks!
>
> Eric Frank
> Cat's Paw
> C&C 35 Mk II