Read an article recently on impellers looking perfectly fine, but the "fins" had become detached from the hub. The drive pin did not go all the way through the hub to the rubber fins so it allowed the hub to slip inside the fins. So impeller may look absolutely fine,
but not fully functioning...food for thought when you check the impeller.