Patrick,

I recently replaced 8 thru-hulls, 8 seacocks, and 2 transducers on my LF38.
Yes, Wally’s site is a great resource.   I reamed back the coring and filled
with thickened epoxy.   While the hull is cored with balsa, the region where
the thru-hulls are is cored with marine plywood.  Thankfully, removing the old
thru-hulls showed dry coring, so I guess they were originally sealed well.  I
found two thru-hulls with threads red and very pitted, and they were likely
close to failing.     Removing the thru-hulls are easy with the correct tool,
so I suggest that you at least check all of them.    But with wet decaying
backing plates, I would not wait...

I have not gotten around to write anything up yet, but I do have a bunch of
photos tossed online:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/dreuge/sets/72157652746226231

-
Paul E.