Derek,

I had a similar problem starting this season, found it was a loose ground
wire on the alternator bracket.  I had taken the alternator off when I was
changing the pencil zincs in my 2qm20.
There are some really smart guys on the list, with lots of good
information.  I was lucky I didn't have to chase my problem too deep.

Chuck
C&C 34 Elusive
Somerset, MA