Hi Rich,

Best wishes on the second or third happiest day of your life. (Wedding days are currently under discussion at the institute.)

Can we assume the sale is final?

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35 mk-1

At 10:05 PM 22/05/2015, you wrote:
Pretty much every marine engine has a connector or two in the engine/panel wiring harness. They are there to make installation convenient at the factory, but, after a few years, can cause a lot of problems as corrosion and wear set in. I’ve seen electrical problems on every size of boat regardless of make or engine type that bypassing these connectors has frequently cured. I suggest cutting out the connectors and splicing the individual wires together using top quality heat shrink crimp butt connectors. In the event that the engine has to be serviced, removed, or replaced, the wires can be severed and rejoined as needed.

I’m not sure that this is the root of your problems but it’s a good place to start.

Rich Knowles
Nanaimo, BC
Boatless.