The power to the starter button is supposed to come off the switched terminal of the glow plug button. You are supposed to to have to push the glow plug switch and the starter switch every time you start, as the glow plug switch also powers both the electric fuel pump until the oil pressure builds up, and silences the low oil pressure alarm. Once the oil pressure rises, its switch powers the fuel pump.

I put an M30B in our club launch and it has the same setup.

Neil Gallagher
Weatherly, 35-1
Glen Cove, NY