[Oops, sorry about the Digest subject line, forgot to rename it before
sending my prior mail]

Where would you slide the angle iron? Under the rear mounts? The forward
mounts are the ones visible in the picture in the link I sent (in the
drivetrain photo) -
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxfHpwssU_6NfnpXZjYta205U0pmeW1Ba0Fla2U3YmNBX1ByU1c4TURtb0ZaVDk2VVFQQ28

Yes it is a v-drive, so that's fwd and the rear of the engine. Those are
the mounts I want to remove.

The very bottom of the engine (oil pan) has only about 1/4" clearance above
the prop shaft log so I suppose I could put something in there.

I figured out today that lag screws are like wood screws, and your issue
with them might be that in theory they could pull out of the stringers. I
don't know what the current screws securing the mount to stringer are, but
hopefully they are lag screws because otherwise I don't know how I'd get
them out. I'll find out when I take them out.

Anyway, sounds like this is a get-in-there-and-experiment type of job, so
I'll start trying some of these ideas when I have time this Sunday.

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 1:49 PM, Martin DeYoung <mdeyo...@deyoungmfg.com