I put two extra batteries on a shelf I build in the starboard cockpit locker
against the forward bulkhead.  I used sealed batteries throughout so those two
that are a bitch to get to won't need much attention.

Bob

On Aug 19, 2015, at 10:14 AM, Rick Brass via CnC-List wrote:

> I'm helping a friend move his LF38 to NC, and along the way we are making up
> a project list. The boat will be used for live aboard cruising.
>
> The current setup has one new start battery as bank 1, and two old batteries
> in parallel as the house bank 2. The old house batteries need to be replaced
> in the next couple of weeks, and we would like to maximize the AHR capacity
> and try to increase the number of batteries in the house bank.
>
> The start battery is in the locker under the front half of the quarter berth.
> The house batteries are on a shelf on the port side of the engine compartment
> (and are a bitch to get to). There is no room for more batteries on the shelf.
>
> So where have you guys installed additional batteries to increase the size of
> you house bank?
>
> Rick Brass
> Jim Schwartz
> s/v Sea Ya
> 1983 LF38 Hull # 105
>
> Sent from my iPad

Bob Boyer
S/V Rainy Days (1983 C&C Landfall 38 - Hull #230)
email: dainyr...@icloud.com
blog: dainyrays.blogspot.com

"There is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply
messing about in boats." --Kenneth Grahame