On Pegasus I have the hot water heater under the port q-berth but soon to
be mover further aft, I will add a bulkhead to keep the heat away from the
battery and I will put a house battery there. either a pair of 6 volts or a
4d. had one next to the heater and cooked it. I also have a pair of 6vots
on the shelf just aft of the companion way steps. The starting batteries
are on the port shelf by the engine ( a pair of group 24's). I built a
temporary shelf under the stbd q-berth for a second house battery (4d).
Plans are in the works to convert the stbd q-berth into a nav station.
battery and holding tank will get moved again. One other thing I am doing
is having a friend build drawers that go full length in the cabinets, like
the ones in the galley do. Should almost double my drawer storage. I have
my windlass powered off of the engine batteries.

Doug Mountjoy
sv Pegasus
LF38 hull #4
somewhere west of Ballard, WA