Edd,

Mine is propane and can be refilled for most anywhere.  If your tank is more
than about 12 years old, it may not be able to be refilled without being
tested.  That’s not worth the money.  Also, the tank, if it is really old, may
not have an overfill preventer in which case it cannot be refilled.

My tank had to be replaced when I bought the boat in 2010.  I got a fiberglass
tank which is great.  No corrosion and you can see the level in the tank if you
look carefully.

Regards,

Ron

Ron Ricci