A followup to this discussion.  I bought a set of Winchers at Defender for the
Barient 18’s on my cabin top (they come as a pair for some reason).  I tried to
put them on last weekend and I could not stretch them over the wide top of the
winch.  I contacted the company today and they said that they would not work on
Barient 18’s for exactly that reason and I should take them back for a refund.
Dave

Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT