From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Chuck S via
CnC-List
Sent: September-29-15 23:06
To: CNC boat owners, cnc-list
Cc: Chuck S
Subject: Re: Stus-List Winterizing -- Raw Water Intake Tee

Read somewhere to add a bronze tee to the thruhull.

This allows you to easily check or clear a blockage while cruising and easily
winterize the engine, in or out of the water.  I keep a bronze plug screwed
into top port except for winterizing.  I have a short maybe 4' length of 3/4"
hose w a ball valve.  I place the hose in a 5 gallon bucket of antifreeze and
suck the pink stuff through the water strainer, the pump, the heat exchanger,
muffler and exhaust hose.   The thermostat only throttles the fresh water, not
the raw water, but I usually warm the engine to change the oil, do that first,
and then winterize.

I like this setup because it allows me to connect a water hose in the spring to
test run the engine prior to launch.  I like to be sure she'll start before I
have her picked up by the travel lift.

I rig a second bucket under the exhaust and catch the antifreeze and use that
to treat the sinks,  ice box, bilge and bilge pumps.

Chuck
Resolute
1990 C&C 34R
Broad Creek, Magothy River, Md