I've got my p70 on the right side of the companionway - otherwise I would have an empty hole, or would have to buy another multifunction display. I've got an a75 at the wheel pedestal (thanks Fred!) and that can activate and tweak the pilot settings, so I can control it either place. The setup works well.

Graham Collins
Secret Plans
C&C 35-III #11

On 2015-10-17 10:22 AM, mike amirault via CnC-List wrote:
Dave, I originally put my p70 on the right side of the companionway. BIG mistake. My reasoning for putting it there was that if i was to engage the autohelm, i was leaving the helm anyway. Didn't work out like that, it's just too far away and I had to go forward every time I made a course change or I would forget to disengage as I came up from below. I have now relocated the p70 to the pedestal above the compass. I mounted it in a waterproof plastic enclosure from Hammond. Now, I use it as a multifunction display ( 6 data boxes) as well as Auto.
Mike Amirault
C&C33ii  Lovely Cruise
SMSC