winter project 32a:  upgrade electronics  ('85 c&c33ii)

Am removing the vintage B&G hunter depth and speed instruments, replacing
with raymarine p70, i70.  both are multifunction displays, and one - the
p70, is the control head for the autopilot.   2015 was my first sailing
season with an autopilot and I used it a lot - great investment.

I was unsure where I wanted to mount the control head so I did so
temporarily on the coaming in the beckson access hatch, adjacent to the
helm, at knee height more or less.  My season with the unit showed me that
I could use the at like two locations - at the helm, (enclosure/pod
on pedestal) OR beside the companionway where it can be operated from under
the dodger, when motoring. Leaning toward the former, but still not clear
in my mind....
Thoughts, suggestions, alternatives?   Thanks.

Dave