I saw a boat recently which had large cotter rings through the turnbuckles
instead of cotter pins.  This looked like a great idea to me as I sometimes
find it difficult to get bent cotter pins back out of the turnbuckles.  Any
down side of using rings instead of pins?  Dave

Dr. David Knecht
Professor of Molecular and Cell Biology
Core Microscopy Facility Director
University of Connecticut