Rings are what came on mine and I've seen on others.  Folks on this list
have shared that they used plastic tie-wraps for years with no problems.  I
noticed that some of my rings work themselves off so I used neon tie-wraps
to hold my rings tight.  The neon makes it easier to notice when one goes
missing.  They also make pin-wraps that have a pin and a velcro strap.
The pin goes in and the velcro ensures that it stays... And doesn't catch
on your sails or sheets.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+