>… to vent the fresh-water tanks to the interior of the boat.

I did this on Calypso, running both fresh-water tank vents forward into the
anchor locker.  In the unlikely event of over filling a tank the vented water
would end up in the anchor locker bilge and be pumped over board.  I do need to
double check the vent hose run as there are a few low spots where water can
collect. It has not been a problem over the last +-15 years but it is easy to
prevent.

I do recommend moving the fuel tank vent away from the toe rail.

I did place both holding tank vents just below the toe rail (one each side) as
the risk of a vacuum or syphon being created is low and a little clean water in
the holding tank might be a bonus.

Martin DeYoung
Calypso
1971 C&C 43