ABYC and USCG requirements say that fuel exiting the fuel fill at 5 gpm for
5  seconds cannot enter the cockpit while in its static floating position.
So it depends on the slope of the coaming. If it doesn't slope outwards
most likely some would spill into to cockpit.

There are requirements for separation of fuel vent and other hull openings
of 15 inches but that it likely not difficult to comply with.

Ed