From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Ahmet via
CnC-List
Sent: November-07-15 17:01
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Ahmet
Subject: Re: Stus-List Keel attachment issues on a C&C 25

Thank you. I would be interested to see if you have a sump area, i.e a 3 - 4
inch dropoff in the bilge  which then slopes upwards towards the bow.  I am not
sure how come that keel-bolt got exposed.

I did a search for Tabasco on the list archives, and did not find any
references. I bought it from an older gentlemen in Marblehead, MA.

He had been sailing her for a while but health issues have been preventing him.
The boat was neglected to some point. All the wiring was laid up but not
connected. The stanchions were leaking.

Others have told me that too. Maybe it is a familiar sounding name.

First thing I did is replace the stanchions with the aluminum toerail mounted
ones and used wooden dowels soaked with 4200 and marinetex to get rid of  all
holes from he old stanctions. So now the cabin is pretty dry. The hatch is
leaking a bit but I think that is just the rubber gasket.

He lost the rigging last year so she has brand-new rigging, double, brand new
heavy lifelines and a 4-stroke 2010 Nissan 9.9 hp engine.

Thank You

Ahmet

Winthrop Yacht Club / Constitution Marina, Boston, MA

1990 Irwin 43 CC "Waterdancer"

1973 C&C 25 "Tabasco"