Hi Bruce,
are wonderful folks that just want to help.

     First a few basics.  Plexiglas is a trade name for acrylic and Lexan
is the trade name for poly carbonate.  Poly carbonate is known for being
bullet proof, but easy to scratch.  Acrylics are more scratch resistant,
but not as tough.  If you are in trouble with the mob, then by all means
use poly carbonate otherwise acrylic is probably a better choice.  I don't
know how to tell the difference between the two.once installed.

     Don't quote me on this, but I think VHB (Very High Bond) can be
separated with a razor blade driven between the surfaces.  After that
delicate scraping is probably involved.  Anything is better than Plexus.
It is almost impossible to remove.  You can grind it out, but if it is in a
recess, then you have to worry about damaging the surrounding area.

Best of luck,
Gary
S/V High Maintenance
1990 C&C 37 Plus