From: Josh Muckley via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 10:48 AM
To: C&C List
Cc: Josh Muckley
Subject: Re: Stus-List Fwd: Replacing Windows

The attached PDF had pretty good guidance.  I would choose the thickest tape
which can still fit under the windows.  Maybe even double layers.  I have a
friend who used the 4941 series.  After looking at the PDF it looks like the
5952 series has better adhesive qualities and possibly higher adhesion for the
fiberglass and polycarbonate that we're using.  The 5958FR has the highest PSI
to thickness ratio.  I suggest thicker to allow the tape to press into any
irregularities.  Thicker also allows for more differential expansion of the
glass and frame.

As much as I like the VHB tape I still can't help but think to the auto
industry.  They use a urethane made by Sika for windshields.  It has to be
primed and heated.  It cures in about an hour.  I wonder if a combination of
VHB tape and sika-flex might be smart.  VHB to get a nice interior finish and
sika for a permanent weatherproof bond and glazing.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD