Hi David & John,

With all due respect, I suggest you investigate the conditions of filing a claim immediately. I have a colleague who tells about having initiated a house claim on the advice of the insurance broker but it did not proceed with any work being done by the insurance company and it was still treated as a claim even though nothing was paid out. Insurance can be a tough racket. There is lots of profit to protect.

For your own piece of mind get someone knowledgeable to have a look. The best area of interest to start looking at is the aft end of the keel area inside the boat, especially if you have the grid or ladder structure.

Marine Tex is good for small repairs but a little on the expensive side if it's going to require a lot.

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35 mk-1
        B.C. South Coast