The same. I used a marked pole in my slip to set the offset. I want the
depth to be the depth.

Joe Della Barba

j...@dellabarba.com

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Russ &
Melody via CnC-List
Sent: Sunday, December 20, 2015 4:35 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Russ & Melody <russ...@telus.net>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Winter discussions - depth sounder offset

I do the same as Neil. :)

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35 mk-1

At 01:19 PM 20/12/2015, you wrote:

I do the same as you Dennis.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD

On Dec 20, 2015 3:04 PM, "Dennis C. via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com
<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com> > wrote:

Just curious what listers use for a draft offset and why.

I use the actual offset as measured from the transducer to the bottom of the
keel so the depth shown closely matches the charted depth.  I prefer to
compare the depth shown on my instruments to the chart plotter rather than
have to do the math all the time.

I know some owners use an offset so that the instrument shows depth under
keel while others don't use any offset at all.

Dennis C.

Touche' 35-1 #83

Mandeville, LA