Dennis:

I use the same method as you, actual offset from the transducer to the bottom of the keel so the dept shown closely matches the charted depth.

As with you, I don't want to do additional math.

I think my draft is 5' 8".....this Summer, I was in a situation where the depth instrument was reading 6' 4" .....I know I was that close to touching bottom, I could see it.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2015-12-20 4:03 PM, Dennis C. via CnC-List wrote:
Just curious what listers use for a draft offset and why.

I use the actual offset as measured from the transducer to the bottom of the keel so the depth shown closely matches the charted depth. I prefer to compare the depth shown on my instruments to the chart plotter rather than have to do the math all the time.

I know some owners use an offset so that the instrument shows depth under keel while others don't use any offset at all.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA