Steve,

I’m surprised Edson would not sell you the idler less sheaves (but with the
uprights installed, which is the tricky part and requires the use of a press
and special rivets) but I haven’t worked there for several years and it is
possible they’ve had a “policy” change.  In my tenure at Edson, we couldn’t
sell just the steel or aluminum plate with no uprights,  but could sell the
steel plate idler assembly minus the sheaves, a handy alternative when the only
flaw in the assembly was a rusty, corroded mild steel plate.   There’s not much
you can screw up installing the sheaves on the uprights… two cotter pins and
you’re done.  Plus you get the new stainless steel axles to replace the bronze
pins, which is a common wear item.

Even with a Port Supply account, I would compare price on the chain/wire
assembly with Defender Industries as they tend to be more aggressive with their
retail pricing structure.

Chuck Gilchrest

Half Magic

1975 25 Mk 1