From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Josh Muckley
via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 12:27 PM
To: C&C List
Cc: Josh Muckley
Subject: Re: Stus-List winter condensation

Dennis,

I carefully considered one of those types of dehumidifiers.  The largest are
usually rated at 20 or 25 oz per day.  The traditional dehumidifiers are rated
at 30 pints per day.  That's 24 times as much moisture removal.  Reading the
reviews most of the lowest ratings were that the unit didn't seem to be working
since it wasn't accumulating any moisture.  Some people even did comparisons to
traditional units in the same room at the same time.  For the price I felt like
the smallest traditional unit was a better guarantee.  It arrives today.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD
On Jan 8, 2016 10:57 AM, "Dennis C. via CnC-List"
There are 12 VDC dehumidifiers.  I saw one on a boat couple days ago.  They're
small and will fit in a sink.  They come with a reservoir to catch the
condensate but if you remove it or drill a hole in the bottom, you can simply
put it in your sink and forget it.

http://www.amazon.com/Ivation-IVADM35-Powerful-Thermo-Electric-Dehumidifier/dp/B00GZ5BSBY
There are others out there.

No clue how good they are.