IIRC, that is the origin of a national database of vessels

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Dreuge
via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:24 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Dreuge <dre...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Vessel Documentation

While clearly not a perk and extremely unlikely to occur, I read that a
documented vessel can be requisitioned in a national emergency.

-
Paul E.

1981 C&C 38 Landfall
S/V Johanna Rose
Carrabelle, FL

http://svjohannarose.blogspot.com/

On Jan 14, 2016, at 9:47 AM, cnc-list-requ...@cnc-list.com
<mailto:cnc-list-requ...@cnc-list.com>  wrote:

   Patrick,?My understanding of documentation is that the vessel is now
under USCG protection. If it is stolen it is now a federal offence, not just
a state offence. What this means is the USCG will search your boat not just
the local cops. Not sure of any other perks from documentation.?
   Doug MountjoysvPegasusLF38 just west of Ballard, WA.