Hi All,

I'm starting to look at the Espar and Webasto units. Is anyone running one
on a 32? There's a good price jump from the Espar D2 to the D4. The
literature indicates the D2 is good to 26 feet of boat, so it sounds like I
need the D4 :(

My use is Georgian Bay, just want to extend the season, not living aboard
in the winter. The boat is two hours away so there will be "maintenance"
trips in the spring and fall which means sleeping aboard, it can get quite
cold up there.

I have to keep the temps warm for the boat parrot who'll be living aboard
with us while we cruise. We're planning three weeks in August this year so
it shouldn't be too much of an issue but it gets cold up there at night,
even in August. I imagine a D2 would be fine for cold summer nights but I
have ideas about maybe cruising the North Channel when the fall colours are
out. I don't want to limit myself. At the same time, I don't want to spend
money that could go elsewhere.

The Newport Dickinson Diesel bulkhead heaters are pretty but I hear they
don't make quite enough heat. I'm leaning this way for the cost, but don't
want to be disappointed. Everyone says the Espar and Webastos are best.

I'de be doing the installation myself in any case so am eager to hear from
others who have gone through it.

Thanks,

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32