Guys,

This may sound counter intuitive, but most marine electronics designed to be
helm mounted do not necessitate a water tight enclosure.  If you’re concerned
with water puddling inside the pod, simply drill a small (1/16”) drain hole at
the lowest point.  Running cables through grommets will do more to protect the
insulation of the wires from chafe on the pedestal guard holes than to have a
watertight seal.  I would try to prevent water from migrating down the power or
NMEA 2000 cable to the connector since that is one place that doesn’t
appreciate any accumulation of water.

Covering the opening in the NavPod where it intersects with the guard with a
thin layer of closed cell neoprene, adding holes for cabling should provide
sufficient water sealant to keep water from trickling down inside the pedestal
guard.

Chuck Gilchrest

Half Magic

1975 25 MK 1