All, the March/April issue of Wooden Boat has a really nice article by Rob
Mazza about "Pipe Dream"; designed by George Cuthberson; Rob's description of
how the design came into being is fascinating and very helpful in understanding
how our boats came to be distinctive as "C&C"; Rob states that this boat was
designed in 1958, and it was/is intended as a wooden cruising boat, however,
when I saw the photograph I was stunned... while the cabin and deck are not the
typical C&C, the hull clearly sets the tone  for  the hull shape for all of our
boats!   Rob, you did a great job on this article, and should do a follow up on
what happened, design wise, between Pipe Dream and the C&C production
designs...maybe a whole book? Fellow listers, get your hands on this article,
it is required reading for any C&C historian!

Richard
1985 C&C 37 CB; Ohio River, Mile 596;

Richard N. Bush
2950 Breckenridge Lane, Suite Nine