From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Ronald B.
Frerker via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 2:26 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Ronald B. Frerker <rbfrer...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Stus-List Handicap questions for JAM racers

Greetings folks,

We have a problem with how to handicap boats that race with jib and main only
(JAM).  The PHRF handicaps basically are for spinnaker racing.  I believe that
there were some clubs, a few only, that adjust numbers for JAM boats.  We make
adjustments to the numbers for our lake conditions and style of boat (older
displacement etc.), but not sure how to fix JAM.

Polars that I have seen for about 6 boats all show with chute only.  Does
anyone know if there are polars for downwind sailing without chutes?  How can
one arrive at those speeds?

Could some of you whose clubs adjust numbers let me know any info you can on
how that is accomplished at your club?  And the rationale behind the adjustment.

If it gets too specific for the whole list, we can take it offline later to
keep traffic down.

Thanks

Ron

Wild Cheri