Greetings folks,We have a problem with how to handicap boats that race with jib
and main only (JAM).  The PHRF handicaps basically are for spinnaker racing.  I
believe that there were some clubs, a few only, that adjust numbers for JAM
boats.  We make adjustments to the numbers for our lake conditions and style of
boat (older displacement etc.), but not sure how to fix JAM.Polars that I have
seen for about 6 boats all show with chute only.  Does anyone know if there are
polars for downwind sailing without chutes?  How can one arrive at those
speeds?Could some of you whose clubs adjust numbers let me know any info you
can on how that is accomplished at your club?  And the rationale behind the
adjustment.If it gets too specific for the whole list, we can take it offline
later to keep traffic down.ThanksRonWild CheriC&C 30-1STL