Thanks Gary, this is very helpful. Couple details about my boat that affect
crew positions / responsibilities: tiller steering, traveler aft on transom,
halyards not led aft, no headsail furler.

So the full complement would be driver, mainsail trimmer, two headsail
trimmers, mast person, and bow person. If shorthanded the driver could trim the
main, and the bow person could double as a headsail trimmer. But probably need
four minimum (driver, trimmer, mast, bow) to fly the chute, and more is better
as the air gets heavier.

Thanks for the tip about the barber hauler on reaches. My boat has a very short
(two feet) aluminum pole with jaws on each end like a spin pole - I wonder if
that's what it's for.

After getting your comments, and Mike's (Persistence, Halifax), I'll probably
race in B division (JAM) in the spring series so my crew and I can get used to
the boat and practice with the spinnaker outside of racing, then switch to A
division (spinnaker) for the summer series.

Much appreciated.

Cheers,
Randy