From: Frederick G Street via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2016 9:55 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Frederick G Street
Subject: Re: Stus-List Soliciting Advice on 33-2 Battery Complement

Golf cart 6V batteries should still be okay, as long as they’re connected in
series pairs to get the voltage up to 12V.

Fred Street -- Minneapolis

  On Mar 4, 2016, at 11:50 AM, Peter Fell via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

  I asked ProMariner for some clarification on the battery situation with 2
house connected in parallel as one bank and a separate start as a second bank.
I also asked if there was any issue with using smaller than Group 24 batteries
with the charger. For example, the OP has a Group 22NF. Another poster
identified they were using a U1 AGM battery for a start (I’m assuming starting
something small like an Atomic 4 .... and I’ve heard of that before).

  Answer from ProMariner tech support was that there is no issue with
connecting the ProSport 20 Plus (3-leg) charger to this battery configuration
provided you do 1 leg of the charger per battery and that there is no issue
connecting to any battery that is smaller than the amp-hour size of a typical
Group 31.

  So there you have it.

  If you want to go golf-cart 6V or 12V batteries larger than Group 31 or if
you want to mix battery technology (i.e. flooded + gel or standard AGM + gel or
standard AGM + premium AGM or ....) then look to another charger. Otherwise,
fill your boots.

  Peter Fell
  Sidney, BC
  Cygnet