Hi John,

It sounds like the shoulder season there is similar to our "nice days" winter & early spring cruising. We were at Newcastle Island all of Easter Weekend. (Hey Jim, don't tell them how far we had to go.)

Here's what I use (portable Buddy) to take the chill off in the cabin while I'm making morning coffee. Very safe, the Admiral can trip it off just by shifting the rug it sits on.
http://www.mrheater.com/product/heaters/buddy-series.html
This assumes you have already have a propane gas detector for the galley stove and never leave the heater unattended.

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35 mk-1
        Vancouver Island