The best way to fish wires in and out of a long narrow cavity is to tie on a
poly line with a few half hitches spread over a foot or so along a wire that is
still in the mast.  Then use some electrical tape to secure the line. I always
fold over the end of my tape to create a 'flag' to make it easier to take off
once i've pulled the line through. You can find the poly line in any big box
store in the electrical department.
Pull the line through and then attach all the lines you want to pull back
through at the top of the mast using half hitches, stagger the ends of your
wires so they aren't a single clumped end, and then secure everything with
electrical tape again.
Try and keep everything a streamlined as possible.
Don't try and use the wire that is inside the mast right now for pulling more
than the poly line, you'll end up with a broken wire and heart.
If the line gets snagged, try pulling on the wire end a little to loosen it and
then pull for the line end again.
The use of the fishing tape as mentioned before can be useful as well. If the
one that you purchase doesn't come with the wire mesh attachment for connecting
cables, I would use a short piece of the poly line to attach all the wires
rather than folding a wire through the loop on the end of the fish tape.
JamesS/V Kristy 1971 C&C 39

greatly appreciated!