From: "Peter Fell via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "cnc-list" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: "Peter Fell" <prf...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 12:44:27 PM
Subject: Re: Stus-List Timbers Beneath Mast Step

Check the whole area of the bulkhead. We had a 30-1 surveyed that turned out to
have a sinking mast step and also potentially other issues so that the bulkhead
had pulled up out of the cabin sole pan (or the pan had dropped / distorted) by
about 1-inch on the port side and to a lesser extend on the starboard. Probably
a combination of mast step, mast brackets, shroud tension (and possibly a
couple long-distance overland moves that the boat had undertaken).
The yard quoted well over $7000 to fix.
There is some info / pics of solutions applied to the mast step on the
cncphotoalbum site under do-it-yourself .... for a much more cost-effective
fix.
Peter Fell
Sidney, BC
Cygnet