Talk to other 30mkII about the specifics of your mast Lorne. The 34+/36xl
has very racy-flexible mast from what I've seen and a significantly taller
rig. (love those 34+/36's!). To get the mast on my 30mkII to bend 6" would
be on the top end of loads for the mast section and height that we have in
my experience. Other mkII owners may have a different experience.

KD

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 7:38 AM Bmue via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> Hi Lorne,
> I found this quite useful...you get the lingo and the overall concepts
> along with good drawings.
>
> http://www.riggingandsails.com/pdf/selden-tuning.pdf
>
> Have fun...
> Bettina
> > On Jun 1, 2016, at 19:47, Lorne Serpa via CnC-List <
> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm new to sailing.  My C&C 30MkII has an adjustable back stay.
> However, I have watched a couple sailing videos and they say with a full
> rig vs. fractional, it cannot be adjusted because the back and front stays
> are attached at the top.
> > How do you adjust the mast rack/bend with a back stay if the fore stay
> is attached at the same point?  Keeps answers simple for me...don't know
> all the lingo yet.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you
> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!