From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Nauset Beach
via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 07:46
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Nauset Beach
Subject: Re: Stus-List SOS signals - LED light to replace flares?

Active Captain had a sale through Defender for this light last Labor Day and I
bought one so I know I am "legal" should some flares slip past the 36 month
expiration.  The June / July BoatUS Magazine has an article on signaling
devices [flares / LED / lasers] and the LED received a below average grade.

I agree with Jonathan that it is unlikely anyone would notice or know what it
is and still keep a bag of flares on board, both USCG and SOLAS.

Brian