Hmmmm.  Some good points.

So we don't think Bubba Redneck would realize what a light flashing "Dit
Dit Dit Dah Dah Dah Dit Dit Dit" means?  I'd be better off buying a neon
beer sign.

I think I agree.  If I buy one, I'll keep my flares.

Anybody want to design a circuit that makes an anchor light flash SOS?

Dennis C.

greatly appreciated!