I have expired SOLAS flares from life raft service places for free.
Parachute, day/smoke, water color die, handheld etc. I have more than one
of each of these plus old inner tubes to light on fire in case of total
Armageddon.  These are what I would expect to draw attention, not the wimpy
USCG crapola.

However, a light that has a 60hr operating time, that anyone on the crew
can use and not start a fire or burn themselves, and it never expires to
meet regulations....a no brainer.

Oh yes, the obvious as said...PLB, EPIRB, handheld VHF etc.

greatly appreciated!